Skip to main content
Home » Columbus Eyeworks History

Columbus Eyeworks History

Columbus Eyeworks was established in the year 2000 at 4th Avenue and High Street in the Short North Arts District. The award-winning Columbus Eyeworks neon sign is a replica shape of the old 1953 Caravan Bar sign that predated Eyeworks at that location.

We made the transition along with our signature sign to our new home at 25 W Hubbard Avenue in early 2009. The new office is larger to accommodate our tremendous growth and to serve clients more effectively. Our renovated space occupies one quarter of what used to be the service garage for the Winders Motor Company. Winders Chevrolet was supposedly the oldest Chevrolet dealer in the State of Ohio and was cited in two Columbus Dispatch articles from 1939 and 1942 as the oldest continuously operating agency at that time in the USA.

Since our inception, we have integrated with the arts community of Central Ohio. Our creative advertising is designed to highlight and support the major arts organizations of Columbus. We have always collaborated with galleries and local artists by displaying their works for the delight of our patrons.